Beginning the search for the best and most functional photography gear can be daunting and time-consuming. Since there are so many models, companies, and constant technological innovations, finding the right camera and accessories at the right time can be challenging. We're here to help make this process easier on you. We completely understand how endless it can feel to narrow down your best options and avenues for a worthwhile investment. After all, photography equipment is a meaningful investment and worth evaluating closely. Recognizing the unlimited value that the right camera setup can offer your life and profession, we want to take the time to compare and present leading cameras, such as the Canon PowerShot SX730, available on the market today.
Our focus in this article will be specifically on compact, digital cameras, and we'll begin by highlighting the Canon PowerShot SX730. The Canon PowerShot SX730 is an approachable unit worth consideration by any user who is looking for a compact camera that offers excellent zoom, photo quality, and long-lasting battery life.
- Powerful 25x Optical Zoom with Intelligent IS helps optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images
- Built-in Wi-Fi* and NFC** allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos. Maximum f/number : f/3.2 - f/6.6. Shutter Speed- 1-1/2000 sec.15-1/2000 sec. (in all shooting modes)
- 20.2 Megapixel*** CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality even in low light. Auto zoom dependent on number of subjects
- Capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video. Focusing Range : 1cm (0.4 Inches) - infinity (W), 1.0m (3.3ft.) - infinity (T)
- Large 3.0-inch (approximately 922,000 dots) LCD allows easy viewing even from a wide angle. Battery life: Approx. 295 shots, Eco Mode: Approx. 405 shots, Playback Mode: Approx. 360 min
Our spotlight digital camera is the Canon PowerShot SX730 with 40x optical zoom and a 20MP sensor. This camera takes crisp photos with excellent Zoom Framing Assist at extended focal lengths. The Canon PowerShot SX730 improves on previous models by upgrading to a 3-inch LCD screen with 922k dot resolution, and 180-degree tilt screen for forward facing photo alignment. The Canon PowerShot SX730 is a useful and impressive digital camera that will deliver awesome and dynamic photos in a wide range of environments. Compact, lightweight, and easy-to-use, the Canon PowerShot SX730 is the perfect travel buddy.
With a 20.3MP High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, the Canon PowerShot SX730 is designed to capture light and perform under low-light conditions with reduced noise. This camera takes rapid photos with a responsive DIGIC 6 image processor for fluid, sequential shooting and accurate autofocus. This convenient device is equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for instant sharing and easy file transfer between your camera and mobile phone. We think this is an intuitive digital camera that takes beautiful, sharp, and clear photos with various customizable settings.
Next, we will discuss more technical information of the Canon PowerShot SX730's design, settings, and useful qualities. A few details that stand out in the design of this Canon are its processor, size, and 40x optical zoom. It also shoots full HD video with an ISO range of 80 to 3200. Its dimensions are slim and compact at 110 x 64 x 40mm, and it weighs 300g. Its smooth, rounded corners make it easy to retrieve from a pocket or bag for a quick photo opportunity. The weight increase is due to its powerful processor and moveable 3-inch LCD screen, but the Canon PowerShot SX370 is still surprisingly compact and comfortable to use.
This unit delivers beautiful images with the help of lens shift-type image stabilization and various flash modes. The Canon PowerShot SX730 is a creative digital camera that offers you many shooting modes, photo effects, and customizable settings to help you produce quality photos that are ready to share on-demand. A few more notable features are its Micro-HDMI connectivity, SD, SDHC, SDXC memory card compatibility, and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery NB-13L.
The Canon PowerShot SX730 is affordable and accessible by all levels of users who are looking for a high-performing, well-built, and responsive digital camera. You can purchase this camera for around $200 to $350 on amazon.com.
How It Compares
We picked a few similar products available on the market to see how they compare.
- 40x optical zoom with zoom framing assist
- 20.3 Megapixel^ CMOS sensor
- Digi 6 image processor
Ease of Use
The Canon PowerShot SX730 is intuitive to use and easy to program for basic settings although there is a large range of what this camera can do. These settings can be easily navigated by downloading the user manual. The unit is lightweight, comfortable to hold, and very quick to respond to sequential shots. The battery life is reliable and the SD compatibility offers incredible amounts of storage. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity make sharing photos a breeze, as well as backing them up to ensure all the captures are safe—especially useful while traveling away from home or the computer.
The optical lens on the Canon PowerShot SX730 is accurate and crisp. The digital zoom is useful, powerful, and there are many ways to customize depth of field between shooting modes and zoom powers. The image stabilization is effective, although low-light use of this camera is best complimented by a tripod. The battery life is reliable and lasts around 250-350 shots depending on the mode you are using.
The Canon PowerShot SX730 is reliable, sturdy, and easy to maneuver in your hand. Although we appreciate the zoom power and image quality of the Canon PowerShot SX730, we feel that it is missing a few advanced features of other competing digital cameras. We lowered our rate on this category due to its lack of 4K HD video, poor video autofocus, slow-motion capture, and missing external headphone/microphone jack.
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter and X-Processor Pro
- 5.0Fps Live-view shooting, start-up time of 0.4sec., shutter time lag of 0.050sec. And shooting Interval of 0.25sec
- 3.0" tilting Touchscreen panel for operation at almost any angle
- 4K video using the x series' famous film Simulation effects (including ACROS). you can output recorded video to an external monitor via the HDMI port and input audio from an external microphone
- Af-c custom settings for moving subjects.Operating Temperature:0°C - 40°C (+32°F - +104°F)C
Our first digital camera up for comparison to the Canon PowerShot SX730 is the Fujifilm XT20. This advanced Fujifilm digital camera is equipped with a 24MP X-Trans APS-C CMOS sensor and an X-Processor Pro image processor. It is a compact camera constructed of a magnesium alloy and a vivid 3" touchscreen LCD. Two unique features are its high-resolution electronic viewfinder and the addition of an ACROS film simulation mode for exciting effects and shooting options. This digital camera offers expanded autofocus points giving you up to 40% coverage and precision phase detection. The Fujifilm XT20 also shoots in high-quality 4K video which captures incredible detail and clear images. This digital camera hosts many lens options for mounting a custom experience.
The Fujifilm XT20 is a high-end digital camera that offers an impressive shooting range and HD image capture. You can purchase the body of this camera for around $500 to $700 USD with several options for lens customization.
Ease of Use
This Fujifilm XT20 is comfortable, easy to navigate with a touchscreen LCD, and constructed with quality details. All the buttons feel intuitive, smooth, and quick to respond—the shutter and review buttons respond with almost no delay.
A discreet and compact digital camera, the Fujifilm XT20 is highly capable and rewarding to shoot with. Its shooting modes offer a wide variety of options and give you refined control over customizable settings. The electronic viewfinder is very useful, fast, and precise. Its various photography functions are excellent as well as its ability to shoot in Full HD and 4K. The manual mode gives you complete control and offers a diverse selection of features.
This camera has a high-quality design and thoughtful details. The body of this camera is solid, sleek, and discreet with a classic film camera look. Photo detail is amazing and the X-Trans processor creates clear images even in low-light situations. It has easy-access buttons and a quick shutter response.
- 20.2 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor. 28-100mm equivalent F/1.8-4.9 lens.
- Continuous shooting up to 10 FPS. ISO 160-12800, expandable ISO 100, 125, and 25,600.
- . 1080 60p/24p HD video with full exposure control (MPEG-4/AVCHD)3.0 inch tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229,000 dots
- Raw/JPEG/ Raw+JPEG. Optical zoom : 3.6x (Optical Zoom during movie recording), Digital Zoom : Still images: 20M approx. 14x, 10M approx. 20x, 5M approx. 28x, VGA approx. 54x, Movie: 14x*1.
- Steady-Shot image stabilization. Rear control dial and customizable front control ring.
Moving on, we are looking at the Sony DSC-RX100 II. This mid to high-end digital camera offers a variety of options, shooting modes, and unique features that make it a great companion in situations when you need a reliable point-and-shoot. This Sony model comes with an Exmor R sensor and a lens capable of an aperture as low as f/1.8. Its ISO is extra sensitive, shooting up to 12800. The Sony DSC-RX100 II shoots with a rapid autofocus setting which responds in as little as .13 seconds, giving you excellent response time for a photo in a pinch. This model hosts a 20MP back-illuminated sensor, and an acclaimed 40% improvement in low-light conditions as compared to previous Sony models. This digital camera is designed for versatility and is compatible with a variety of external accessories such as an electronic viewfinder or additional flash.
The Sony RX100 II is a quality digital camera that produces crisp, clean, and sharp images all the while maintaining a compact size and intuitive interface. You can purchase the Sony RX100 II for around $500 to $600 on amazon.com.
Ease of Use
Overall, this camera is super simple to use with intuitive settings, autofocus, and internal flash with several customizable modes. Though the camera will respond to many more advanced functions and personalizations, this digital camera is excellent for novice photographers or people who are looking for a simple design that produces quality, HD photos.
This camera provides high performance under variable light conditions giving quick adjustments and accurate contrast. There is a quick-access video mode button which will automatically engage the video mode with smart settings, giving you quality, on-demand video capture. It is also possible to take photos while recording video, this is a unique feature which opens up endless possibilities. Image stabilization and full HD video capture give this powerful little device an advantage in producing sharp images with excellent resolution.
The Sony CyberShot DSC-RX100 II is constructed of quality materials with an intuitive interface and a compact body. Its large and capable image sensor gives image quality a boost and more potential for enlargements. The camera's microphone records clear sound that transfers well to other devices.
- Battery Life(Approximately) - 320 shots for Still image or 190 minutes for Playback or 45 minutes for recording movies. Continuous shooting approximately 4 frame per second
- The GR II comes equipped with Wi-Fi functions for wireless connection with mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. It is also compatible with NFC (Near Field Communication) functions for easy pairing with mobile devices
- The advanced GR ENGINE V imaging engine offers high-sensitivity shooting with minimal noise and the GR II's anti-aliasing filter-less design produces supremely high resolution, color-rich images. Total Pixels: Approx. 16.9 megapixels
- Capture both JPG and open-standard DNG RAW images. The GR II offers a variety of computer-free image processing functions, including in-body RAW-data development to output JPEG format files.
- Capture full HD video in widescreen 1080p resolution with h.264 compression @ 30 frames per second. The Autofocus system remains active with movement as the camera continuously focuses subjects in the center of its angle of view..Lens Construction :7 elements in 5 groups (2 aspherical lens elements)
The last digital camera we are outlining in this article is the Ricoh GR II. This camera innovates unlike the other cameras on our list by offering a wide-angle lens and a 16MP APS-C size image sensor all perfectly packed into a highly compact body. The Ricoh GR II delivers precision sensitivity and high-grade images, all from a pocket digital camera. This camera features enhanced auto white balance for fine-tuning to avoid unnecessary noise during capture. The Ricoh GR II performs well in a variety of environments with its various shooting and effect modes.
The Ricoh GR II is moderately priced and designed to deliver professional-grade photos at an accessible price point. You can purchase this model for around $500 to $600 on amazon.com.
Ease of Use
The menus on the Ricoh GR II are extensive yet easy to navigate and understand. The customization possibilities for shooting settings and modes are many. The camera fits well in your hand and gives you optimal control over buttons using just one hand. A jog dial makes switching between pages and photos super quick, customizable, and accurate.
Premium photo quality and lightweight body design make this camera a joy to shoot with. The Ricoh GR II starts up very quickly and responds to actions or buttons without a lag. It has high-resolution capacity due to APS-C image sensor. It also boasts a fast and accurate focus system.
This model is built to last, very sturdy, and feels properly weighted. Its rounded corners make this device smooth and comfortable to carry in your pocket.
Now having viewed these four competitive and highly rated digital cameras, we hope that you feel more informed and prepared in your search for the perfect pocket camera. In conclusion, we would like to share and summarize our overall rating of the Canon PowerShot SX730. We like this powerful and heavy-duty digital camera, giving it a total 4 out of 5 stars. The most valuable highlights of this camera are its excellent and impressive zoom power, accessible price point, compact design, and various custom shooting modes. The Canon PowerShot SX730 is an approachable and easy-to-use camera that shoots beautiful and detailed photos with intuitive operation.